You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Forum für Postgeschichte und Markenfreu(n)de. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 1:30am

Germany to Canada via Mexico?

Hello guys

Any explanation on that route??

Best regards

Sylvain
Hornet785 has attached the following image:
  • Germany to Canada via Mexico 1913.jpg

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 7:36am

Hello Sylvain,

never seen this route been documented and I can hardly believe that it was a standard at this or any time. Congrats!
Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

Niemals bin ich weniger müßig, als in meinen Mußestunden. Und niemals weniger einsam, als wenn ich allein bin. Publius Cornelius Scipio "Africanus"

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 2:43pm

Hello BK

I saw from the same guy another card to the same address by the same sender dated Dec 1912 via normal route. which have the same K1 and receiver in Canada.

I think I'll try to get both. :) Will be nice as a pair.

Cancel from Mexico after research seems good.

Best regards

Sylvain

Thursday, April 17th 2014, 3:14pm

Hello Sylvain,

make him a good offer - half the price of the one, you have already, and he will give it to you. :)

Would be an nice pair on an exhibition site.
Liebe Grüsse vom Ralph

Niemals bin ich weniger müßig, als in meinen Mußestunden. Und niemals weniger einsam, als wenn ich allein bin. Publius Cornelius Scipio "Africanus"

Friday, April 18th 2014, 5:27am

Hello BK

Here is the second one with normal postal marks

Best regards

Sylvain
  • 2.jpg

Saturday, April 26th 2014, 6:10pm

Germany to Canada via Mexico?

Hello

Here is the text on that card.

Any clues in the text about the mexican detour?

Best regards

Sylvain
  • IMG.jpg

Saturday, April 26th 2014, 6:57pm

Hallo Sylvain,

there are no clues, it`s simple private-correspondence...we thankfully have received your letter...we have sended you the wished card...Richard has travelled to america...in the cooking-lesson I have cooked milk-gravel...which tasted me very well... ;( :D ...in april everthing was frozen...it`s now real niche spring-wheather here in germany...mrs. Plüschmann`s mother has died...greetings etc. etc. I think the card has inadvertently fallen in a wrong mailbag.

regards !

Tim

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pälzer" (Apr 26th 2014, 7:14pm)

Saturday, April 26th 2014, 7:17pm

Hello Tim

Thanks for the traduction...Milk what???? loll...made my day! :)

Yours

Sylvain

Saturday, April 26th 2014, 7:25pm

...she wrote in german: Milchgrieß

...which approximately means semolina-pudding... 8)

:D :D :D

regards !

Tim